Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012 E-mail to parents

Mom, Dad, Family, and anyone else it concerns,
     I have arrived into the mission field! I've been assigned to the Cambridge South Zone (aka The Dirty South). I'm serving in the University Ward here that encompasses all the universities such as Harvard, BU, MIT, etc. It's awesome! My companion is Elder Crandell and he is on his very last transfer! We are working very well with eachother. He says he feels like I'm training him. Our bishop, Bishop Porter is actually the House Master of the main housing at Harvard. He's also a professor there. The ward's number one goal is Missionary work. Brother Johnny Palmer is our Ward Mission Leader and has been on fire and says he only hopes to get better. Brother Palmer is also working on the Romney campaign in the Logistics department which is awesome.

     Mom, thanks for the notes from Stake Conference! President Decker also sent me a recap of Stake Conference. I did get the package in the MTC and the package here with the gift I won't open till Valentines. Thanks Mom, Dad, and the Matthews! Also, thank you Jordyn for your picture! I love it. Everyone can continue sending everything to the office. That's how they do it here and then forward it. It only takes like one extra day. Mom, this winter is very warm comparatively so the thermals may be good for next winter so whenever you want to send them. I've been pretty warm with just half of my coat so far. I won't need a bike because of the fantastic public transportation here.

     The previous elders got fed here like once a month since it's not like a family ward (however, I sent around a dinner calender for us yesterday and already have 12 dates filled so I think they just must like us better) but we went out and got groceries from Market Basket (super getto) but the prices weren't too bad. I will look forward to using any possible coupons.

     Dad, I was not there for any Elder Jensen. Great answer to the prayer though! If you guys in the branch need any suggestions, between Bishop Porter, Brother Palmer, and I we could probably give some good pointers.

     Mom, I never did see Elder Fallis actually. Also, today is P-Day.

     I hope I'm getting to everything here. I'm very excited, humbled, and blessed to be here and serve The Lord.

     Finally, I need all of your help. We taught Nathan last night. He is a super smart, intellectual kid here at Harvard. He actually lives is Bishop Porter's house that he is House Master over. Anyways, we can't get him to pray with real intent to know if the church is true or really if any part of it is true. He asked if anything would make us fall away from our faith and when we said no that we knew it was true because God told us throught the Holy Ghost, he said he is worried for us (lol) because we are saying there is 0% chance this church could be wrong and we could be lost forever. So, I need you all to pray (and maybe even fast if you feel willing and comfortable) at your convenience that Nathan will soften his heart to the spirit and the word of God and that he might ask with real intent and faith to recieve an answer. That would be SOOO helpful and I would sure appreciate it. He is a great kid. This is open to anyone so if anyone that does not see this wants to participate, that would be great. The more the better.

Thank you all and I love you all very much!

Elder Wilhelmsen

P.S. - I still don't have clearance for Flicker yet. So, we will hope that gets through soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment